Copenhagen Wine Tasting
Experience our Copenhagen wine tasting where you will be served bubbly, rosé, white and red variations. We will go through 8 wines divided into 4 matches, where each round stands between two fighting wines of the same kind.
1. Heat – Bubbly Wine: Champagne Brut Tradition VS. Spumante Cuvée Extra Brut, Veneto
2. Heat – Rosé: Rosé Seduction 2013, Domaine la Sangliere, Provence VS. Etél Rosato IGT 2013, Lornano, Tuscany
3. Heat – White Wine: 1926 l’Origine 2013, Domaine de la Foliette, Loire VS. Château La Foliette 2010, Domaine de la Foliette, Loire
4. Heat – Red Wine: Chianti Colli Senesi 2011, Tuscany, Italy VS. Lagar de Eizaga Crianza 2011, Rioja, Spain
1. Through the first match you get to feel the difference between the classic production method from Champagne, versus the simpler and more used tank method from Veneto.
2. This round gives you the taste of southern french blend consisting of Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault going up against a single grape wine of Sangiovese from central Italy. Here fruity filling rosé battles a clean and more direct rosé. Provence vs. Tuscany. France vs. Italy.
3. Here you will discover the impact of ‘Sur Lie’, where white wine has been developed ‘On the Lees’ and macerated for a while. You will experience one of many benefits from this aging method by its creamy texture.
4. To finish off our Copenhagen wine tasting there will be a battle between two traditional regions, when we match Chianti and Rioja. This becomes a fight of the regions preferred grapes, Sangiovese against Tempranillo. Both is well suited for aging in oak barrels, and you will taste a filling grape with spiciness plus hints of liquorice, to battle a grape with sweet fruitiness combined with notes of prune. All in all Italy vs. Spain.
This Copenhagen wine tasting will be held at the cosy Restaurant Schønnemann, Hauser Plads 16, 1127 Kbh K. Here you can stay afterwards and continue the night’s endeavor at Schønnemanns Vinstue with their wide range of worldly wines. Under the tasting there will be served charcuterie to go along with the wine.
The price is 395 kr. per person, and you reserve your spot by sending an email to email@example.com